s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Still There

I have no idea exactly how to describe this so if it sounds jumbled I apologize.

Yesterday a sweet young woman whom I am friends with on Facebook, and who just got married last winter, posted a picture of a pregnancy test with two lines. I hate that my first thought wasn't of pure joy and happiness for her and her husband but rather "I hope they didn't make a mistake by posting that too early and won't have to come back and tell everyone if something bad happens."

I remember that joy. I remember telling people at 5 weeks and being so excited we could hardly contain ourselves. And I remember miscarrying at 6 weeks and having to turn around and tell everyone that. While I know remembering those feelings makes me that much more thankful for what I have, there are times that I wish I didn't know those feelings and could just have happiness for a friend. But it's still there.

3 Comments:

Blogger OHN said...

UGH. The untelling is the worst.
When someone tells me they are pregnant (like, about 3 hours pregnant) I always take a deep breath before I say congratulations. I am always afraid they will see the look in my eye or hear the worried tone in my voice. I never, ever, think of staying pregnant as easy, and it makes me sad.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I know what you mean. I'd have the same thought. I hope everything is fine for them.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

I think the exact same thing every time I see something like that. I miscarried at 10 weeks with our second pregnancy. Fortunately, I was able to have a second daughter a year and a half later. I hope that things work out for the best for your friend.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home